Monday, May 5, 2014

Untitled, May 5


Hell used to be further away than the front door
and I can only recall the better lines.


A heart of black gold –
there was a beating to it

once, but the mass

it don’t breathe no more. I want to dig a hole in the world

only to find someone
has done it

before. Baby, defeat me.

There was a desire once, and pure thoughts.
Noble action. A truth that would

burn itself at the stake. Truth like a kiss

like a rock.
Kiss like a rock. Now we kiss like rocks kiss.

She found a strange sweetness in my mouth once,
a taste greater than the smoke.

            More saccharine than the tinny blood
            the sink finds each morning now.


I filled the lungs and the hole. I burned the truth, burned the sugar off.


I learned a lesson once,
            quickly learned to kill:

Killed a heart and it turned black.
Killed a girl and she kissed me back.
Kissed me ‘til the cows came home.

Kissed me ‘til her stop came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment